Sunday, June 15, 2008

No "I" In Team

I believe that we are the compilation of our experiences, whether singularly or collectively; whether positive or negative. Working with the blog in 820 has assisted tremendously in my moving away from self, away from the drain of always being busy, and reflecting on present occurrences and past ones as well. I realized even more, when working with my blog, that I have never been this reflective and I am discovering new "isms" about myself each day. I am now learning to be still and to allow time for more of my "Mary" to emege and to encourage "Martha" to take a rest! With this increased time for Mary, Martha is getting so much more accomplished!

My experience with my computer (blog entry 3) was a concrete experience that heightened my appreciation for the importance of teamwork in solving my technology issue. My past principal ended every correspondence with the phrase, Together Everyone Achieves More.

I continue to challenge each of us, my colleagues, to move to a great level of appreciation for one another, as we matriculate towards our terminal degree. Together, everyone does achieve more, and indeed, there is no I in TEAM. My thanks and love to each of you and I am glad that we are a TEAM.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Shelia,
Your advice and actions are truely appreciated. The challenge is ahead and each day we take a bold step toward the goal. Together we shall accomplish much in this PhD Program. I admire the content and skills that has ben presented to us so graciously during this class. The "isms"will remain but the victory is to those who endure to the end. As we approach the end of this class and I reflect on my computer/technology struggles, I am proud to say I fought a good fight and I know that you have my back. Technology was a challenge but the storm allow us to grow and find solutions. I am proud to be still enrolled in this class and working on the work. We maynot get there at the same time but we will arrive. It is also my belief that Together Everyone Achieves More!